Sensory Sunday at the Witte invites individuals and families with disabilities or sensory processing differences to explore a section of the museum in an extra-accessible and comfortable environment. This exclusive before-hours event features:
– A welcoming, less crowded environment
– Light, sound and distraction reduction
– Sunglasses and earplugs available on request
– A designated “Chill Zone” quiet space
– A designated eating area
– Extra sensory-friendly activities
In order to keep this event sensory-friendly, we may ask some families to delay their entry into the event.
Sensory Sunday Upcoming Dates:
Backyard Adventures March 29, 2020, 10 am – 12 pm
***As we continue to evaluate the need to cancel or reschedule future events, health and safety remain our priority and we will follow the recommendations of public health officials. Please stay tuned for more information on future events and programs.
What are the options for cancelled Witte Museum events?
• If your event is cancelled: Your ticket is now a tax-deductible donation that will go directly to the Witte’s operation costs. This allows the Witte to continue its mission to inspire people to shape the future of Texas through transformative and relevant experiences in nature, science and culture.
• If your event is postponed: You may apply your ticket for a future event. If the event is postponed, the Witte is happy to apply your ticket to the rescheduled date.
More updates from the Witte Museum will be posted on our social media channels and on our website at www.WitteMuseum.org/Updates.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Witte Museum during this challenging time. Your gift will help fulfill our mission to inspire people to shape the future of Texas through transformative and relevant experiences in nature, science, and culture.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the Witte Museum team at 210-357-1910.
Would you like to visit another time?
Everyone is always welcome at the Witte! If you would like to plan another visit during regular operating hours, we offer these suggestions:
– Visit on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday afternoon for a quieter experience.
– Sunglasses, earplugs, and wheelchairs are available on request at the Walker Admissions Desk.
– If you need a quiet place for a break, consider visiting the H-E-B Body Adventure Underground. We also have a first-aid room available upon request.
– Food and drink are available for sale in The Market. Outside food is permitted and may be enjoyed in The Market or designated outdoor areas on the museum campus.
– Announcements are made over the loudspeaker at the end of the day to announce closing time.
– Plan your visit by picking up a copy of the map and daily schedule at the Walker Admissions Desk.