Sensory Sunday at the Witte invites individuals and families with disabilities or sensory processing differences to explore a section of the museum in an extra-accessible and comfortable environment. This exclusive before-hours event features:
– A welcoming, less crowded environment
– Light, sound and distraction reduction
– Sunglasses and earplugs available on request
– A designated “Chill Zone” quiet space
– A designated eating area
– Extra sensory-friendly activities
In order to keep this event sensory-friendly, we may ask some families to delay their entry into the event.
Sensory Sunday Upcoming Dates:
Mythic Creatures December 8, 2019, 10 am – 12 pm
Backyard Adventure March 29, 2020, 10 am – 12 pm
Questions or concerns? Please contact the Witte Museum team at 210-357-1910.
Would you like to visit another time?
Everyone is always welcome at the Witte! If you would like to plan another visit during regular operating hours, we offer these suggestions:
– Visit on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday afternoon for a quieter experience.
– Sunglasses, earplugs, and wheelchairs are available on request at the Walker Admissions Desk.
– If you need a quiet place for a break, consider visiting the H-E-B Body Adventure Underground. We also have a first-aid room available upon request.
– Food and drink are available for sale in The Market. Outside food is permitted and may be enjoyed in The Market or designated outdoor areas on the museum campus.
– Announcements are made over the loudspeaker at the end of the day to announce closing time.
– Plan your visit by picking up a copy of the map and daily schedule at the Walker Admissions Desk.