The Witte Museum and the San Antonio Art League and Museum are accepting entries for The Spirit of Texas juried art competition. Artists are invited to render their inspirations from the State of Texas. The artist need not be a current resident of Texas, as long as the subject matter is of the Lone Star State. Original two-dimensional artwork, excluding photography, completed after January 1, 2016 will be accepted.
This competition is held in conjunction with the Witte Museum’s groundbreaking exhibition, The Art of Texas: 250 Years opening Saturday, May 4, 2019. It is offered in the tradition of the 1927-1929 Edgar B. Davis Competitions sponsored by the San Antonio Art League and held at the Witte Museum with the coordination of curator Eleanor Onderdonk.
- • Submissions must be entered through CAFÉ by May 3, 2019
- • Entry fee is $50 per artist
- • Each artist may submit up to two works of art
- • Submitted images of physical artwork must represent its true appearance with no digital alterations
- • All two-dimensional artwork, excluding photography, will be accepted
- • Dimensions cannot exceed 5 feet on any side, including frame
- • Artists must be 18 years of age or older