Ready, set, RAWR! Gear up for the 12th Annual Witte Dino Dash: TyRUNnosaur Edition, presented by University Health!
This year’s Witte Dino Dash: 5K and Kids Run coincides with the opening of the latest exhibition at the Witte, Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family. Exploring the most feared predator of all time, Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family brings the latest discoveries to life through real fossils and reconstructed life-sized skeletons of these carnivores. You think you know T. rex – now meet the rest of the tyrannosaur family!
Every race participant will enjoy complimentary admission to the Witte, including special exhibitions Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family and Antarctic Dinosaurs, on Saturday, May 27, by showing their race bib at the Walker Admissions Desk.
Your support of the Witte Dino Dash provides vital scholarship underwriting for field trip visits to the Museum. Your participation helps inspire young minds at the Witte and provides family-friendly fun outdoors for all ages.
PRICING (early bird pricing ends March 19, 2023):
- Adults: $55 per person / $45 early bird and members
- Children: $30 per child / $28 early bird and members
- Groups: $50 per person with minimum of four individuals within group
- Race from Your Pillow: $40 per person
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 7 a.m. Registration Opens – Witte Museum front lawn
- 7:30 a.m. 5K Race Starts – On Tuleta Drive and Avenue B
- 7:45 a.m. Registration Closes – Witte Museum front lawn
- 8:45 a.m. Kids Run Starts – Location TBD
- 8:55 a.m. Award Ceremony – Zachry Garden and Mays Family Center Porch
- 9 a.m. Witte opens for Member Early Hours and Runners
- See It All Pass to the Witte Museum for Saturday, May 27, including admission to special exhibitions, Antarctic Dinosaurs and Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family
- Commemorative T-shirt if preregistered by May 1, 2023 (shirt size availability limited)
- Custom race bib with chip
- Chip timing with results posted online immediately following the race
PACKET PICK-UP: Friday, May 26, 2023 at the entrance of the Witte Museum in the H-E-B Lantern.
5K RACE ROUTE: The race starts on Tuleta Drive and continues through Brackenridge Park.
KIDS RUN: A 100-meter run on Gunn Drive, the Kids Run is for children 10 and under and will begin at 8:45 a.m. on Gunn Drive in front of the Witte Museum.
- 5K: Top three male and female overall, top 3 in each age group (10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+)
- Kids Run: Top 3 male and female overall for children 10 and under
RACE FROM YOUR PILLOW: Want to help the cause, but don’t want to get up? Not a problem! Race from Your Pillow has the same impact without putting on your shoes or even leaving your house. Simply show your confirmation email at the Walker Admissions Desk for museum admission and special exhibition entry.
PARKING: Free parking is available in the Brackenridge Park Parking Garage on Avenue B.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family is an exhibition created by the Australian Museum and toured internationally by Evergreen Exhibitions.