Ready, set, RAWR! Gear up for the 12th Annual Witte Dino Dash: TyRUNnosaur Edition, presented by University Health!
This year’s Witte Dino Dash: 5K and Kids Run coincides with the opening of the latest exhibition at the Witte, Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family. Exploring the most feared predator of all time, Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family brings the latest discoveries to life through real fossils and reconstructed life-sized skeletons of these carnivores. You think you know T. rex – now meet the rest of the tyrannosaur family!
Every race participant will enjoy complimentary admission to the Witte, including special exhibitions Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family and Antarctic Dinosaurs, on Saturday, May 27, by showing their race bib at the Walker Admissions Desk.
Your support of the Witte Dino Dash provides vital scholarship underwriting for field trip visits to the Museum. Your participation helps inspire young minds at the Witte and provides family-friendly fun outdoors for all ages.
- Adults: $55 per person / $45 members
- Children: $30 per child / $28 members
- Groups: $50 per person with minimum of four individuals within group
- Race from Your Pillow: $40 per person
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 6:30 a.m. Day-of Registration Opens – Witte Museum’s Rotary Way Gate in the Dawson Family Hall on Tuleta Drive
- 7:30 a.m. 5K Race Starts – On Tuleta Drive and Avenue B
- 7:45 a.m. Registration Closes – Witte Museum’s Rotary Way Gate in the Dawson Family Hall on Tuleta Drive
- 8:45 a.m. Kids Run Starts – Tuleta Dr. & Avenue B
- 8:55 a.m. Award Ceremony – Main stage located on Tuleta and Avenue B
- 9 a.m. Witte Museum opens for Members Opening Weekend and Dino Dash Runners
- See It All Pass (value: $26) to the Witte Museum for Saturday, May 27, including admission to special exhibitions, Antarctic Dinosaurs and Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family
- Commemorative t-shirt if preregistered by May 1, 2023 (shirt size availability limited)
- Custom race bib with chip
- Chip timing with results posted online immediately following the race
PACKET PICK-UP/KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Packet Pick-up: Secure your race bib, T-shirt, and swag bag on Friday, May 26, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Witte Museum entrance, H-E-B Lantern. Alternatively, race-day pick-up starts at 6:30 a.m. via the Witte Museum’s Rotary Way Gate in the Dawson Family Hall on Tuleta Drive.
- Collecting Race Packets for Friends and Family: Parents or guardians can collect race materials for their children (18 and under). Likewise, you can pick-up your spouse’s packet. To collect a friend’s or relative’s race items, bring a written note or printed email from them, authorizing your pick-up.
- Race Day Registration: Registration on May 27 starts at 6:30 a.m. at the Witte Museum’s Rotary Way Gate in Dawson Family Hall on Tuleta Drive. Shirts are subject to availability.
- Arrive Early on May 27: Join our dance warm-up, beginning at 7 a.m. at the race start
- Race Results: After the event has concluded, you can find race results online here.
5K RACE ROUTE: The race starts on Tuleta Drive & Ave B and continues through Brackenridge Park. You can find the full route online here.
KIDS RUN: A 100-meter run on Gunn Drive, the Kids Run is for children 3 – 10 and will begin at 8:45 a.m. at the 5K start and finish point (Tuleta Dr. & Avenue B).
- 5K: Top three overall and top 3 in each age group (10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+)
- Kids Run: Top 3 male and female overall for children 10 and under
RACE FROM YOUR PILLOW: Want to help the cause, but don’t want to get up? Not a problem! Race from Your Pillow has the same impact without putting on your shoes or even leaving your house. Simply show your confirmation email at the Walker Admissions Desk for museum admission and special exhibition entry.
PARKING: Free parking is available in the Brackenridge Park Parking Garage on Avenue B.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Dino Dash: 5K and Kids Run is presented by University Health and generously supported by H-E-B, Silver Eagle Beverages, MarkAnthony Ball – San Antonio Realtor ®, Spine in Motion Chiropractic Rehab, Amor Cycling Studio and Fitness, QuickFit Foods, DAF Media and Mo Jo’s Coffee Co.
Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family is an exhibition created by the Australian Museum and toured internationally by Evergreen Exhibitions.