The Witte Museum is open year-round except for Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
|Monday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday (Free Tuesdays 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM*)||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM*|
|Wednesday – Saturday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||Noon – 5:00 PM|
|Adults (12 to 64 years old)||$14.00|
|Seniors (65 years and older)||$13.00|
|Military (with ID)||$13.00|
|Children (4 to 11 years old)||$10.00|
|Children (3 years and under)||FREE|
- H-E-B Body Adventure – 1st & 2nd Floor Open
- Robert J. and Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center
- H-E-B Lantern/Valero Great Hall Orientation Gallery
- Naylor Family Dinosaur Gallery
- Kittie West Nelson Ferguson People of the Pecos Gallery
- McLean Family Texas Wild Gallery
General Admission is FREE for Museum Members. Learn more about Membership.
*Complimentary wheelchairs available on request.
The Witte Museum participates in Museums for All. As participants, the Witte Museum offers $3 general admission to individuals and families receiving food assistance (SNAP and WIC) benefits. Visitors simply show an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card and photo ID to redeem the discount for up to four people per card.
Free Tuesdays are generously supported by The USAA Foundation, Inc., Bolner’s Fiesta Products, BBVA USA, the Nathalie and Gladys Dalkowitz Charitable Trust, the Faye L. and William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation and John G. and Marie Stella Kenedy Memorial Foundation.
The Witte participates in the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program which offers reciprocal free general admission benefits to Witte members when they travel.
Explorer level Witte members receive Time Travelers as a free reciprocal membership network for historical museums, sites, and societies throughout the United States. The Missouri History Museum created the program in 1998 so that members of historical institutions could receive exclusive benefits and privileges at museums and historical sites nationwide.
Members of theFund or card holders of theFunDcard get $1 off general admission and 10% off in the museum store.
The Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program is a consortium of more than 270 museums throughout the world. The Witte is a part of this collection of museums that encourage reciprocity. Members have free access to other ASTC member facilities. Call 210.357.1910 today to see if you are eligible for free admission to the Witte Museum, or to more than 270 museums around the world.
Student Group Rate
Who qualifies? Students, age four through high school, qualify for a group rate of $5 per student. Public, private and home schools are eligible, as well as day-care centers and organizations such as scouts, YMCA and church groups.
What are the requirements? A minimum of 15 people, no fewer than 13 children, and 2 adults, are considered a student group.
For every 10 students, one chaperone is required and will be granted free admission. Additional chaperones will pay the student group rate. Please schedule your visit at least eight days in advance for a self-guided visit, and two weeks in advance for educational programs to receive this rate.
Adult Group Rate
Who qualifies? Adults 18 and older qualify for the group rate of $11.00 per person. A special group rate of $10.00 is available for individuals age 65 and up.
What are the requirements? A minimum of 10 adults is considered a group. Please schedule your visit at least eight days in advance for a self-guided visit to receive this rate.
Please click the following link (Group Request Form) to fill out your group request form or call the Guest Reservations Department at 210.357.1910 to schedule your group’s visit today.
*Please be aware that leaving a voicemail or sending an email does not represent a confirmed reservation. A confirmation letter from Guest Reservations is required as verification of your group’s reservation.
We accept cash (U.S. only), checks (with valid ID) or the following credit cards:
We ask that all visitors observe the following guidelines:
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Photography is permitted, but not flash (Be sure to use #WitteMuseum when you take photos!)
- Tables and chairs are located at certain areas throughout the museum for your convenience.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the Museum Galleries.
- Wheelchairs are available upon request.
- The Witte Museum is a smoke free environment.
- Weapons are not allowed on museum property.
- Service animals are allowed, however pets are not.
- If you are visiting from out of town and have a large suitcase, the Witte can check it for you, but reserves the right to inspect prior to accepting the item.
- For your safety, shoes are required on the Witte Museum campus. Additionally, closed-toed shoes are required for Mt. Witte and the H‑E‑Buddy Skycycle exhibits.
The Witte Museum receives operations support from